Creating a Hospital Center of Excellence:
Emergency Medicine and Critical Care for Trauma Patients
New York Health’s Center of Excellence in Emergency Care and Trauma Center program combines clinical and administrative partnering to create a long term agenda for clinical excellence and quality improvement.
New York Health is pleased to offer a comprehensive plan of action for assessing and upgrading emergency medicine departments and assisting with establishment of trauma centers in newly launched and existing hospitals.
The project will be conducted with a specific focus on emergency medical and trauma care delivery, ensuring that Centers of Excellence are designed to provide efficient, cost-effective, and high-quality care for all emergency medical conditions.
This will be accomplished by a combination of consultative on-site programs, longer term clinical and administrative mentorship, visiting scholar program in New York and exchange of operational and administrative tools for process improvement. The major deliverables for this project include:
• Review and negotiation of ED and Trauma Center policies and procedures
• Clinical guidelines implementation
• Optimization of minor care, urgent care services
• Nursing leadership development
• Physician leadership development
• Educational initiatives and advanced training opportunities
• Documentation of quality metrics and outcomes measures
• Strategic inter-departmental relationships
• Harvard Medical School
• Mount Sinai Medical School
• University of Denver
- Phase I. Assessment of Emergency Department/Trauma Care (team of physicians and nurses will analyze and provide recommendations for improvement in the EDs, and trauma care of the hospital. Each functional area will be critically evaluated. Assessment can take up to 18 months.)
- Phase II. Planning and Implementation of Improvement Initiatives (The transition to this phase will relate to a detailed Plan of Action for improvement of the agreed upon areas. This phase is expected to last 36 months.)
Click here to contact New York Health about working with New York Health to develop an Emergency Care Center of Excellence for your hospital.