Nursing – Train the Trainer Programs
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
New York Health offers a variety of continuing education and training courses in the Middle East, including on-site programs for hospitals to raise the level of competency of their staff. However, one of the most important programs New York Health offers is its “Train the Trainer” instruction program designed for nursing managers and specialty nurses.
Training the leadership level using the New York Health educational partner curriculum helps hospitals achieve and sustain greater competency and capacity over time, as well as promote excellence in teaming and collaboration. This is a certificate program and a certificate from the sponsoring hospital or university is awarded to participants upon successful completion of the program.
Currently, New York Health offers Train the Trainer instruction in the following areas:
- • Nursing Critical Care
• Specialty Nursing
Some Train the Trainer courses can last one week to one month. Other instructor prep courses are typically 9 months in duration, and may include additional modules in leadership.
New York Health content is practical and grounded in the real world, not just academic theory. Using all of the latest tools and research available to delivery training, by the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Identify and determine the need for training: what, who, and how.
- Write effective learning objectives.
- Apply adult learning concepts, develop supportive climates and customize off-the-shelf materials.
- Use training activities and alternatives to lecture, strategies for different learning needs, and effective questioning techniques.
- Prepare properly for a training session and prepare participants to foster learning.
- Manage and encourage participants of all backgrounds and learning styles; understand who is learning and how to address challenging participants.
- Present and facilitate a training program, including use of audio visuals and handouts.
- Evaluate using various methods and at different levels.
Click here to contact New York Health about this program.